Monday, November 06, 2006

Women Who Want 2 Go Home ... starting out

Greetings,
I have faced many fears and tried many new things over the years ... and blogging is another thing to add to the list!
My aim in starting this blog titled "Women Who Want 2 Go Home" is to create a safe and supportive space for the many women who like myself married into what they believed was a loving and respectful relationship, went to live overseas (whether permanently or for an agreed period of time) only to have to leave the marriage or relationship because their spouse was abusive and to then find themselves prevented from going home to the safety of their country and support of their family. Trapped ... by their former spouse .... abusive and obstructive justice systems .... finances ... fear...
For most women in this situation the thing that is most likely to keep them trapped is that they have children with their former partner.
( I just couldn't think of a title that would include all that information and not be too cumbersome.... but maybe someone has some suggestions!)
As I said, my aim is to create a safe, supportive environment where we can share resources, celebrate each others resiliency and creative coping mechanisms and respect each others lived experience! My focus is support and solutions!
So now I'm going to sign off and try and learn more about blogs so I can make this a forum worth participating in and a site worth visiting.
Take care ... take heart ... Merinda.

No comments: